Suspects Charged In Michael K. Williams’ Fatal Overdose Plead Not Guilty (Update)

michael_K_Williams_


michael_K_Williams_

michael_K_Williams_

According to the New York Post, the accused in the death of Michael K. Williams have pleaded not guilty earlier this week of selling fentanyl-laced heroin to the actor.

Irving Cartagena, Hector Robles, Luis Cruz and Carlos Macci appeared in court Wednesday morning for a brief hearing in Manhattan federal court. “All of the suspects, who are charged with narcotics conspiracy resulting in death, will remain behind bars pending trial. They’re due back in court for a hearing on June 10, Judge Ronnie Abrams said,” the New York Post stated.

Prosecutors also provided surveillance of Williams buying drugs from the accused dealers.

As previously reported, the men are believed to be part of a drug ring. The US Attorney Damian Williams stated the arrests were the result of a “public health crisis.” He also stated, “And it has to stop. Deadly opioids like fentanyl and heroin don’t care about who you are or what you’ve accomplished. They just feed addiction and lead to tragedy.”

Reports also state that the drugs that caused the actor to accidentally overdose were the product of a drug trafficking organization that sold drugs in Brooklyn’s Williamsburg neighborhood, which is believed to have started in August of 2020.

It’s also said that those accused continued to sell drugs knowing Williams died from the product that was sold to him.

Michael K. Williams died in September 2021.

The post Suspects Charged In Michael K. Williams’ Fatal Overdose Plead Not Guilty (Update) appeared first on The Shade Room.

Read more

Advertisement
Previous articleHippie millionaire who gave away fortune
Next articleRussian musicians don’t deserve cancellation for Putin’s crimes

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here